According to your Fort Collins Family Dentist, most people shudder at the thought of getting a root canal. However, not having your infected tooth treated, once it becomes medically necessary, could end up being much worse than the root canal procedure itself. The pain of a rotting tooth is like nothing you’ve ever experienced. Below are some of the dangers associated with not getting a root canal when you really need one.
- The inside of your tooth eventually becomes severely infected.
- The infection will affect your gums and your jawbone as well.
- If left untreated, the rotted tooth could cause your other teeth to drift and disrupt your bite.
- Your facial appearance may become distorted.
- Fillings will not fix a rotted tooth in need of removal
- Antibiotics will not permanently get rid of your tooth infection.
- You could lose one or more of your teeth.
- A serious infection could cause you to lose part of your jaw.
If you are experiencing any tooth pain, you should contact your Fort Collins Family Dentist right away for an evaluation. Not going to the dentist will only delay the inevitable and the alternative is not acceptable!